Our ASD diagnostic service is launching in November 2018!
A diagnostic assessment utilises a combination of clinical interview and observation, previous reports and standardised tests to determine whether or not the person meets DSM5 diagnostic criteria for an autism spectrum condition, whether other conditions are also present, and whether further assessment is needed
A diagnostic assessment for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) is an extremely important process, that should include assessments and input from a number of different professionals e.g. speech and language therapist, occupational therapist, clinical psychologist.
Your child can be referred for a diagnostic assessment via your GP to your local CAMHS team, or you can refer to a private clinic such as Every Mind.
We will offer a comprehensive assessment delivered by highly trained clinicians including:
- An initial 1 hour meeting together to determine if a full diagnostic assessment is required
- A motor and sensory assessment from an occupational therapist who specialises in ASD
- A school observation and information collected from school staff
- A cognitive assessment (WISC-V) to understand a little more about your child's profile of strengths and abilities (2 hours long)
- A full and comprehensive parental interview to capture the developmental history (4-6 hours long)
- A direct observation of your child within the clinic (1 hour)
- A 1 hour complimentary follow up session to talk through the results of the assessment in addition to making recommendations for ongoing support.
We believe that a diagnostic assessment should not just be about giving a 'yes no' answer. Rather, we want to provide a full assessment of strengths, abilities and difficulties, and give you a host of recommendations and resources to help you to manage as a family. You will receive a full report of the diagnostic assessment.
The cost of the diagnostic assessment is from £1500.
For further information or to enquire about a diagnostic assessment for your child, please do get in touch.
The Flat at Balimore, Basingstoke Road, Spencers Wood, RG7 1SF